NameAnglesboroTypeBuildingResidenceDescription‘Angelsboro’ was probably built by George Laurence Fuller as a tenant farmhouse on his Fuller Estate in the late 19th century.
‘Anglesboro’ has been in the Creagan family for over 130 years. Patrick Creagan came to Australia and settled in the Illawarra c.1870’s, on the farm
owned by G.L. Fuller now called ‘Mayfield’. Patrick then moved to the farm ‘Anglesboro’ (also owned by Fuller), just around the corner, which has been the Creagan family home ever since.
Patrick’s eldest son Martin Creagen, remained at Dunmore and married Johanna Courtney, who named the home ‘Anglesboro’, after her birthplace in Ireland.
Martin took over the 160 acre lease from his father in 1882 and became an Alderman on the Shellharbour Municipal Council 1888-1889.